Ecommerce - Open your Online Store now
Selling online is part of the future, but of a future that is already here. The eCommerce (electronic commerce) is growing with figures of double digits worldwide. And every day we are more online buyers. In Mexico, growth was 28.3% in the period from 2016 to 2017, with a turnover of more than 17 billion dollars, with the forecast for 2018 being a notably higher figure (Source: Asociación de Internet.mx ).
According to a study by Asociación de Internet.mx they are:
- Three out of four of Mexicans online made a purchase in 2017 in the last three months; an increase over the previous year.
- General online spending (excluding travel) was 6,920 pesos, compared to 2016, with an increase in purchases in some categories.
- The increase in cross-category purchases was primarily driven by smartphone shoppers.
- The top categories purchased were consistent with 2016: clothing and accessories, digital downloads, and event tickets.
- International spending increased year after year, among those who bought internationally, almost half of their purchases were made outside of Mexico. These buyers were motivated by price and loyalty to buy elsewhere.
- Awareness of digital payment tools increased in the previous year, mainly driven by PayPal, MercadoPago, and Visa Checkout.
- Offline payments continue to grow as an option for Internet buyers, the most used were Oxxo and Bank deposit.
With these data in hand, the digital channel stands as essential for many companies, which due to its economic activity, the online channel represents an opportunity to grow at the national level and in many cases, at the international level.
Some of the strengths on which e-commerce is based are:
- Sales availability 24/7 365 days a year.
- Compete at any level, face to face with the greats.
- Develop international business, without leaving your office.
- Many intermediaries disappear and control of the sale is maintained.
- Cost reduction compared to physical stores.
- Market Places give visibility to your products - at a global level - in hours.
- New market opening tests become accessible by reducing costs.
- New professions are born to attend electronic commerce.
Read more articles like this at our blog.